Thursday, December 11, 2008

Book Review-KITE RUNNER by Khaled Hosseini

This book is for my Lit Flicks challenge and for my Whitcoulls challenge.. I read this book and watched the movie. It was a very good, sad, emotional book for me. I really enjoy the way this author makes it easy to understand the ways of the Afghanistan people. Sometime books like this are hard to read if you don't understand the culture or the language. He really did a great job at writing this book. He also did an excellent job at A thousand Splendid Suns.

Amir is a good example of how we make mistakes in our lives, and we always wonder how things would be different it we would have chosen differently. He really struggles with himself inside about the decisions that he made as a young boy. In the end he makes it right and I really appreciate that about the book.

I really enjoyed the movie as well. It pretty much followed the book I thought. Its good to see the movie because it gave me a better idea of the city and how things were there..

2 comments:

Zawan said...

I just finished reading this book yesterday. I read it in exactly 2 days. It's amazing! Khaled Hosseini is a very talented author.

Anonymous said...

Rachelle, great review. I am one of the last people on the planet that has not read this book. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about it. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the movie too. Congratulations on finishing a book and a movie for the Lit Flicks Challenge.

Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society
http://thebluestockings.com